A resource hub designed to support you and your business during the COVID-19 outbreak
To keep business owners and employers, like you, up to date, Fred C. Church created this resource hub to share useful information, including government-issued updates, industry insights, blog posts, email communications, relevant links, and more.
Will my commercial insurance policy cover COVID-19-related losses?
Every day, there are new developments related to the coronavirus (or COVID-19), and understandably, many of our clients are asking us this very question – will my commercial insurance cover claims resulting from COVID-19?
While we wish we had a definitive answer for you, unfortunately, insurance companies are still not responding to hypothetical claim scenarios. And to add another layer of complexity, most standard commercial insurance policies were not designed to respond to such an exposure.
We may not have all the answers right now, but we can assure you that our team will continue to monitor the insurance industry and government closely.
Below are links to our most recent blog posts which investigate common commercial insurance coverages and how they may respond to a business loss, the risks associated with working remotely during the pandemic, and other timely topics.
- Is there a basis for making a coronavirus claim?
- Preparing for a Business Interruption Claim Related to COVID-19
- Are COVID-19-related Cybersecurity Risks Threatening Your Business?
- Remote Learning Video Conferencing Risks
- Reopening Independent Schools During COVID-19
- Important Notice to Employers with Massachusetts Payroll Exception for Employees on Furlough Due to COVID-19
How insurance carriers are helping Fred C. Church clients
Many of the insurance companies we partner with have extended the grace period for premium payments and have suspended cancellations for non-payment for a limited period of time. Some of these actions are based on new government regulations; however, others are choices the companies have made themselves to support their insureds. Should you have the need to adjust your payments in light of current cash-flow constraints related to COVID-19, please contact your Fred C. Church account manager for assistance.
COVID-19 and employee benefits considerations
As COVID-19 continues to spread across the nation and world, interruptions to your business and personal life will likely increase. However, preparation and education may minimize your staff’s distress and your ability to handle situations that may arise as a result of COVID-19 strategically. Our team is prepared to offer regular updates, considerations, and insights from an employee benefits and compliance perspective to help you navigate this unprecedented situation.
Employee Benefits & Compliance
- Changes to Employee Benefit Plans in Response to COVID-19
- Your Guide to Health Insurance Providers Telemedicine Options
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: What Employers & Employees Need to Know
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Coverage for diagnosis & treatment of COVID-19
- Coronavirus and the health impact on your workforce
Fred C. Church is here for you
COVID-19 has impacted all of us personally and professionally across New England and most of the United States. Here at Fred C. Church, we feel we must protect our clients and our employees and are taking this outbreak extremely seriously.
As such, starting Tuesday, March 17th, all business functions that we can perform remotely will be done in that fashion. Our office hours will remain the same, from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST. However, our physical office locations will be closed.
This closure should have minimal impact on how Fred C. Church can service your personal, business, and employee benefits insurance needs. For example:
- You will still be able to call our office and speak to a client manager
- You can use electronic communication to email us
- You can email personal insurance service requests to firstname.lastname@example.org as we can make changes and additions to your policy and perform most transactions using secure digital technology
- You can also access your personal and business insurance accounts through our self-service platform, CSR24
- You can make payments directly to your carrier online at their website or by mail using the payment stub provided with your invoice
- You can also file a personal claim directly with your carrier online, or call our office, 800-225-1865 if you require our assistance
As you can see, we are doing everything we can to maintain business as usual, while at the same time following the guidelines set forth by the Governor of Massachusetts, Charlie Baker, and the Centers for Disease Control.
We appreciate your loyalty to Fred C. Church and look forward to getting back our regular routines as soon as possible.
There are many great resources available regarding COVID-19. However, the Fred C. Church team has found the following links to be especially useful.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
World Health Organization
Johns Hopkins | Whiting School of Engineering
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
U.S. Small Business Administration